Anti-bullying Week 2015
Anti-Bullying Week in England is coordinated by the Anti-Bullying Alliance and will be from 16th - 20th November 2015.
The theme is ‘Make a Noise about bullying’ with the #antibullyingweek.
Enter our Anti-Bullying Week competition with classic musical, Wicked.
The key aims of the week are...
- To empower children and young people to make a noise about bullying – whether it is happening to them or to someone else, face to face or online;
- To help parents and carers have conversations with their children about bullying – both as a way of preventing bullying, and to help children who are worried about bullying;
- To encourage ‘talking schools’ where all children and young people are given a safe space to discuss bullying and other issues that effect their lives, and are supported to report all forms of bullying;
- To equip teachers to respond effectively when children tell them they’re being bullied; and
- To raise awareness of the impact of bullying on children’s lives if they don’t tell anyone it’s happening – or if they are not given appropriate support – with a focus on the impact on mental health.
How can I get involved?
- Share this year's logo on your website, social networks and resources. The suite of logos can be downloaded from ABA Resources
- Follow us @ABAonline for regular updates on the week
- Download the official Anti-Bullying Week campaign pack (available from September)
- Buy Anti-Bullying Week merchandise (coming soon)
- Plan activities for the week where you are and make sure you share them with us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a member of ABA. For more information see Become a Member