We've created resources for school that include everything you need to make Odd Socks Day happen in your school this year.
Last year 56% of schools took part in Odd Socks Day. That reached over 5 million children! We'd like to beat that target this year. We've created a pack for you to help bring Odd Socks Day to life in your school. Andy and the Odd Socks have created an official song for Odd Socks Day and we've got two amazing competitions for you to take part in. The pack can be found at the bottom of this page along with a book bag flyer, poster, official song lyrics sheet and much more!
We’ve designed the resources so they can be adapted to the ever-changing situations in schools relating to COVID-19. They could be delivered online, in smaller groups or as whole assembly groups. All the ideas in the pack are designed to help children and adults in a school or early years environment to unite against bullying by celebrating what makes us all unique. The materials are aimed at early years and Key stage 1. This pack contains a 20 – 30 minute lesson plan and lots of activity ideas to help you bring Odd Socks Day to life in your school or setting.
A message from Andy Day from Andy and the Odd Socks
Two amazing school competitions!
We will not just be running one but two competitions this Odd Socks Day! With some amazing and exciting prizes!!
1. Create The Kids Are United themed artwork for Andy and the Odd Socks next single
- How to enter: Share your artwork (drawing, collage, painting - anything goes as long as it’s square!) with us on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #thekidsareunited and #oddsocksday and tag @andyoddsock and @abaonline. Please remember that if your accounts are private we won't be able to see your artwork. In this case, you can share them with us by emailing [email protected].
- Deadline: Deadline for submissions is Wednesday 14th October. The winner and runners up will be announced on Odd Socks Day.
- Prizes: The winning artwork will be used on the cover of Andy and the Odd Socks next single!
You can watch a teaser of the single which will be released on 2nd November below and there's a link to the lyrics in the attachments section at the bottom of this page.
2. Share your best pictures and videos of you in your odd socks
- How to enter: We would like schools to send us a photo or video that most creatively captures how the school participated in Odd Socks Day. To enter:
- Share your Odd Socks Day photos/videos on Twitter
- Tag us – @abaonline @andyoddsock
- Use the hashtags #AntiBullyingWeek and #oddsocksday
- Deadline: Tweet to us in Anti-Bullying Week between 16th – 20th November. Winning schools will be announced on Friday 4th December.
- Prizes: The lucky winning schools will receive a visit and performance from Andy and the Odd Socks in 2021 (this may have to be a live virtual visit depending on COVID-19).
The Kids Are United - official Anti-Bullying Week 2020 charity single from Andy and the Odd Socks
In support of Anti-Bullying week, Patrons Andy and the Odd Socks are releasing a brilliant cover version of the Sham 69 classic, The Kids Are United – a true youth anthem with a rousing message of togetherness. The Odd Sock’s version features lyrics inspired by video calls the band and the Anti-Bullying Alliance had with school children from all over the country earlier this summer.
You can watch a teaser version of the video below. The full video will be release on 2nd November.
A live assembly on Odd Socks Day!
Come and join the Odd Socks morning assembly on Odd Socks Day, Monday 16th November. Join our virtual Odd Socks assembly direct from your classrooms! Help us make this the biggest and most fun assembly ever, don’t forget your odd socks. Full details will be available soon.