Extra info for teachers
We are grateful to the thousands of schools that take part in Anti-Bullying Week each year. The aim of the campaign is not just to raise awareness of bullying for one week each year but to support teachers in preventing and responding to bullying throughout the year.
This year we want every teacher, member of school staff and children's worker to know what a difference they make in children's lives. Children tell us how much it means to them when teachers believe them, when they support them, and and when they work with them to resolve bullying issues. For the first time we have launched our Power for Good Award to celebrate those teachers and school staff that go beyond the call of duty to provide pastoral care for pupils with issues relating to bullying. We want to celebrate those teachers that are changing children's lives for the better and encourage all teachers and schools staff to use their Power for Good.
Here are some ways you can get involved today:
- Register for Anti-Bullying Week updates by joining the free ABA School or College Network.
- Download the Anti-Bullying Week 2016 logos and share on your website, social networks, newsletters and resources.
- Plan an event at your school to raise awareness of bullying. This is a great opportunity to remind pupils, parents and the wider school community of your commitment to tackling bullying. This year we are encouraging schools to hold a Power for Good day during the week - staff and students dress up as a hero of their choice and raise funds for the work of the Anti-Bullying Alliance.
- Visit the ABA shop and order Power for Good wristbands, posters and stickers
- Tell us what you’re up to and you could win fantastic prizes for your school or college. From the 14-18 November share a photo or video of your students taking part – either tweet us @ABAonline using #PowerForGood or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org. The prize draw will include vouchers and books for your school.
- Visit the resources section of our website for lesson plans, assemblies and top tips.
- Share with us how your schools is taking part in Anti-Bullying Week @abaonline #antibullyingweek #PowerForGood.