The theme for Anti-Bullying Week 2020 is: United Against Bullying. Anti-Bullying Week will happen from Monday 16th - Friday 20th November and will start with Odd Socks Day to mark the first day of Anti-Bullying Week.
We have worked with over 300 young people and 100 members of school staff to develop our theme for this year's Anti-Bullying Week. Our Anti-Bullying Week 2020 manifesto for change:
This year, more than ever, we’ve witnessed the positive power that society can have when we come together to tackle a common challenge.
Anti-Bullying Week is no different. Bullying has a long lasting effect on those who experience and witness it. But by channelling our collective power, through shared efforts and shared ambitions, we can reduce bullying together. From parents and carers, to teachers and politicians, to children and young people, we all have a part to play in coming together to make a difference.
We’re all a piece in the puzzle, and together, we’re united against bullying.
We are proud to have the continued support of SafeToNet to help us bring Anti-Bullying Week to life. We will also be holding Odd Socks Day on the Monday of Anti-Bullying Week with the support of Andy Day and his band Andy and the Odd Socks, where children and adults wear odd socks to school or work to celebrate what makes us all unique.
We will be providing numerous resources over the coming months:
- School tools including films and cross curricular activity ideas - these will be tailored to ensure they can be delivered both face to face and online
- School Staff Award: where pupils can nominate their favourite anti-bullying member of school staff - nominations open until Friday 25th September
- Odd Socks Day: wear odd socks to school or work to highlight that we are all unique on the first day of Anti-Bullying Week. We have created a school and workplace pack with support of children's TV star Andy Day and his band Andy and the Odd Socks.
- Sign up as a supporter of Anti-Bullying Week and download a certificate to display
- Get involved online - with resources and ideas about how to play your part on social media
- A toolkit for parents and carers - to help them bring Anti-Bullying Week to life at home
- Merchandise: we have purchased a limited amount of official Anti-Bullying Week 2020 specially designed merchandise. Don't miss out and pre order today!
We look forward to you joining us this November for Anti-Bullying Week. We’re all a piece in the puzzle, and together, we’re united against bullying!